Numbers Matching/All Steel
Engine Built to 2.7 RS Spec.
Rare Oxford/Dalmation Blue
Restoration by Stoddards
VIN # 911311xxxx**
ENG# 6131xxx (911/51)**
Numbers Matching Engine
31,400 Miles on Odometer
11,000 Miles on Restoration
Oxford Blue/Dalmation (329) on Black Leather with Plaid Cloth Inserts
5-Speed 915 Manual Transmission
Clean and Clear Arizona Title
Straight and Dry Example
Porsche Certificate of Authenticity (copy)
The last long hood 911Ts delivered to the U.S. in ’72 and half of ’73 were the only ones to receive the coveted mechanical fuel injection system. Europe referred to these as T/E’s. The rest of the world still got carburetors. However, only 781 of these MFI T Targas were delivered in this last year production of the long-hood/F-series Porsches.
This Porsche 911 was built in December of 1972 and was one of the last MFI Targas off the assembly line. It was ordered with the following factory options:
- US Equipment
- Forged alloy wheels
- Stabilizer bars (front and rear)
- Chrome strips on fender
- Comfort Equipment:
- Velour carpeting
- Alloy wheels (Fuchs)
- Sway bars (front and rear)
- Aluminum door sills
- 911S rubber moldings on bumpers and below doors
- 911S instruments
- Leather covered steering wheel
- Aluminum rocker panels
In 2006, a full bare metal restoration was performed by some of the top techs at Stoddards Porsche. The build spanned several years. Highlights of the build include:
- Full disassembly and reassembly
- OEM factory steel RS rear flares (ordered from Germany)
- OEM factory steel RS rear bumpers (ordered from Germany).
- OEM factory aluminum RS rockers (factory NOS from Stoddard).
- OEM factory steel front bumper
- All chrome replated.
- New OEM windshield.
- All new rubber seals.
- Engine grill attached with SS hardware
- Porsche letters properly attached to the steel deck lid
- Targa top was restored by Dan Petchel
- Entire interior was completely replaced/restored
- Dash included center vent
- Conversion included all the proper ductwork in the trunk
- Door panels and pockets and rear deck
- All new carpeting
- Momo Prototipo steering wheel
- Recaro-style sport seats in leather with cloth plaid inserts
- RS spec 2.7L motor built by Chris Moore of Autobahn Extremist
- Rebuild included new crank, pistons and cylinders.
- Heads were rebuilt, bored oversized and polished to perfection.
- Mechanical injection pump restored and new fuel injectors.
- Meticulous build produced 201 rwhp (approx. 230hp at crank)
- Transmission disassembled, cleaned, inspected and resealed. (last full rebuild in 1997)
- Electronic ignition including Crain magnetic distributor internals and MSD ignition.
- Carrera oil cooler installed in right front fender with hard lines and thermostat
- Suspension and brakes:
- Replaced steel cross member with factory aluminum cross member.
- Elephant Racing PolyBronze front control arm bushings
- SS spherical washers and shims were used to align the a-arms
- Front struts were replaced and the larger brake calipers installed
- Ball joints and wheel bearings were replaced.
- Sway-A-Way 21mm front and 26mm rear torsion bars
- Bilstein shocks revalved to match the new torsion bars
- Weltmeister adjustable 22mm front sway bar using modified 930 sway bar bushings
- Carrera aluminum rear trailing arms
- New rear wheel bearings
- Netrix spring plate bushings
The current owner is a local SoCal enthusiast who enjoys driving his cars to local events and other vintage tours. He purchased this car from a SoCal dealer in September of 2014. Initially, he had the car inspected by Haydon Bros of Anaheim, California. They found the car to be in nice condition with no signs of rust or damage. They said the workmanship on the build was very good. For the last 5-years, he’s only added about 2k-miles. He had most services performed by TRE Motorsports and TLG Auto of North Hollywood. They are both highly respected SoCal independent Porsche specialists. Highlights of work performed include:
- Repaint brake calipers
- Replace brake hoses and flush system
- Lubricate suspension bushings
- Weld front sway bar tabs and paint
- Adjust valves, surface valve covers, new gaskets
- Replace spark plugs
- Install Vitaloni Sebring mirrors (painted to match)
- Clutch cable
- 911 short shift kit
- Corner balance and alignment
- Regular oil and belt service
- Motor and transmission mounts
- Proper MFI pre-heater hoses
- Ignition lock
- Battery disconnect switch
- New brake rotors (front and rear)
- Install direct connection for USB radio with volume control knob
In total, this owner recently invested another $11,500 properly maintaining this 911.
This Porsche 911 is in excellent condition and shows minimal signs of use. The paint has a deep shine and is the correct shade of Oxford/Dalmation. The front nose is protected with clear bra. The factory Fuchs wheels (7×16 and 8×16) are in very good shape with no major curb rashes. They are wearing Continental tires. The fronts are new and the rears are older with about one-third life remaining. The brakes have over 75%-life with new rotors. All the glass is in good shape with no major chips, scratches or cracks.
The interior is equally as fresh and barely looks used. The leather sport seats have no cracks or tears. The rear seat area discretely hides sub-woofers under the seats. The targa top is in perfect condition. The door panels also look fresh with no sagging of the pockets. The dash has no cracks or warping. All the gauges work properly. The stereo is hidden and plays via a cord that plugs into your phone.
This 911 comes with an extra valet key, tool kit, full size spare, jack, recent records, and CD of build photos.
**Note: VIN and other numbers withheld to protect against fraud. All numbers including VIN, Engine, and color will be provided to serious buyers.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-335-4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This vehicle is sold “as-is” with no warranty, written or implied. In some cases, the vehicle does have the remaining factory warranty still in place and will be described above if that is the case. All taxes and fees are the responsibility of the buyer and are not included in the listed price. All vehicle sales will require a $170 administration fee. The vehicle listed is described to the best of our ability. The information is based on our own research and statements made to us by the previous owner(s). To the best of our knowledge, the above information is accurate. We are not responsible for errors in our description of options or any other details. The above-mentioned vehicle is used and can be expected to show some wear and tear. It is not a brand new vehicle. We do welcome all local pre-purchase inspections on vehicles in order to verify condition.
We appreciate the countless calls from brokers and dealers. As much as we would love to quickly “wholesale” this car to industry partners so they can make a quick profit, the car is on consignment (as are all of our offerings) and the owners have the final say.
If you have actually taken the time to read this far in our detailed description, I can’t imagine there are any questions you may have. However, if there is something I missed or you would prefer to hear the warm sound of a human voice (mine) reiterating the research I’ve provided above, I would be happy to help.
If you put our company name in Google (AutoKennel®) you will see that we have been a long-time part of the Porsche community and have worked extremely hard to earn the positive reputation you will find. Feel free to reach out to our local PCA chapter (www.pcaocr.org) and the board members are familiar with us. Most in the club have known us for most of our 25-year membership involvement. Of course, if you would like more references, you will find countless testimonials on our website as well.
For financing click here: