6-Speed Manual/Welded Coolant Pipes
Over $125k in R/Cup Track Upgrade
VIN # WP0AC2A91BS783227
11,400 Original Miles
20 Hours on Rebuilt Motor
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Clean and Clear California Title
Clean CarFax Report
Mostly Original Paint
Offered at $119,990
By 2011, the last of the Mezger motor Porsches were rolling off of the assembly line. These legendary motors were the foundation of all the previous water-cooled GT3/GT3RS cars. They are known for being one of the best engines ever built by Porsche. It is considered incredibly reliable and able to handle gobs of power.
This RS was built in June of 2010 and sold new on July 13th, 2010 by Bergstrom Porsche of Appleton, Wisconsin. It was ordered with the following factory options:
- Lightweight Lithium-Ion Battery
- Ceramic Composite Brakes – PCCB
- No Air Conditioning
- Lightweight Headlights
- Deletion of Audio System CDR-30
- Black Full Leather
- Floor Mats in Interior Color
- Sun Visors in Alcantara
- Carbon Door Sill Model Insignia
- Alcantara Storage Lid w/Logo
- Rear Center Console Carbon
- Porsche Crest on Headrests.
The MSRP was $153,955
The first owner only kept the car about a year before trading it back into the selling dealer. The second owner purchased the car on September 22nd, 2011 with just over 2,500 miles. This owner was a wealthy and mature enthusiast who wanted to have a factory GT3 R/Cup with all the reliability of the street car. He wanted to experience what it was like to be a race car driver. Money was really no object. So, shortly after purchasing the car, the transformation began. DeMan Motorsport of Blauvelt, New York was chosen to perform the complete track build. This organization has over 30-years experience building and supporting Porsche race cars.
This build utilized as many factory race parts as possible and included the following:
CUP Interior Prep, Safety Equipment & Finishes
- Interior door panels, door pulls, foot plate
- Custom DeMan Motorsport welded full safety cage with NASCAR door bars
- Schroth Profi Hans 6-point driver harness
- Schroth Profi Hans 6-point passenger harness
- Sparco steering wheel, Motorsport quick release, steering wheel hook
- Central electric cut off switch with dash & cowl activate switches
- SPA 2.5L Electric fire system complete
- Side and center safety nets
Communications, Data & Video Systems
- RaceKeeper with (2) cameras
- Motec Dash CDL-3 including shift light
- Motorola radio system
- IMSA intercom system
- Welded coolant lines
- Rear main engine seal
- Porsche Factory RSR headers
- RSR mufflersFabSpeed carbon fiber air intake
- WEVO semi solid motor mounts
- GT3 R race flywheel and 2-plate Tilton clutch
Suspension, Hubs & Brakes
- Factory CUP centerlock conversion – New drive hubs, central bolts, drive pins, drive pin bolts, lock pots, circlips, wheel nuts, and securing clips
- Wrightwood racing front and rear steel rotors
- Pagid RS29 front pads & RF14 rear pads
- Calipers rebuilt and brake lines replaced
- Separate front/rear brake masters with cockpit bias controller
- Custom ANZE-PENSKE Racing Shocks 8700, 3-way racing dampers with remote mounted reservoirs for easy access (fronts under trunk hood, rears in cabin)
- RSS Motorsport GT3 arms
- Tarett rear shock monoballs
- Toe link lock plates
- GT3 Motorsport toe links with bump steer kit
- Cup tie rods and control arms
- Cup bladed front sway bar
- Corner balance and race alignment
- Porsche 2009 RSR Wing & custom uprights
- Carbon Fiber Dive Planes
Wheels & Tires
- Forgeline custom GA1R CUP centerlock wheels
- Cool suit system (plummed suit not included)
- Rennline front & rear tow hooks
- Rennline undercarriage tie-downs•
100% defeatable OE stability management and TC systems
This build was over $90,000 and has comparable performance to a factory 997.2 Cup but with a more reliable and hearty engine, ABS, and defeatable SM/TC.
After having his fun and before selling this GT3RS, a drivetrain refresh was performed 20 hours ago that included:
- New gaskets
- New thrust bearings
- New main bearing
- New rod bearings
- New timing chains
- New main oil pump
- New scavenge oil pump
- New oil heat exchanger
- New intake cam actuators
Less than 20 hours ago the entire transmission was disassembled and inspected. The clutch and clutch cover were replaced with a new Sachs Performance 4.0 unit.
The current owner is a retired local Orange County enthusiast who purchased this GT3RS with the intention of driving to local tracks and participating in driving schools. Unfortunately, family obligations have become a priority and he was only able to attend a few local PCA autocross events. However, in the past year, he has performed the following:
- Powdercoated both sets of wheels
- Powdercoating the wing uprights and tow hook
- Repainted wing
- New Michelin Pilot Sport street tires
- Pair of new Sparco Evo seats (adjustable)
- New Sparco steering wheel (quick release)
- Full fluid flush (brakes, oil, cooling, etc.)
This GT3 RS looks like a brand-new race car. It is a show quality build. The paint is spectacular with minimal signs of use…just some light rash on the front edge of the hood. It is all original except for some paint work on the edge of the right rear fender with light blending. It’s not visible to the naked eye…only with a meter (see pic). The rear bumper was also repainted. The windshield is a factory part with no cracks or major chips. The rear glass is original and Cup plexiglass rear quarters with vents have been installed. The original aluminum hood has Cup quick release pins with stock support shocks. The centerlock Forgeline wheels have no curb rash and are wearing new Michelin Pilot Sport street tires.
The interior is equally as nice and very tidy. It looks just like a factory Cup car. All the wiring is nicely wrapped. The Sparco seats are new with no wear. All the factory stock gauges still work. It looks just as if the factory built it.
This RS weighed in at 2,930 lbs (more than 200lbs lighter than stock) and puts out nearly 400hp to the rear wheels.
This GT3 includes the original owner’s manuals, suspension adjustment kit (see pic), original window sticker, and an extra key.
In order to pass CA smog, the original stock headers and cats would need to be reinstalled. These parts are available for purchase separately.
Also available for an additional fee are the stock mufflers and brackets (see pic), one set of Forgeline wheels in gray (see pics) with used Pirelli slicks, and one set of Fikse 3-piece CUP centerlock wheels with slightly used Michelin rain tires (see pics).
**Note: VIN and other numbers withheld to protect against fraud. All numbers including VIN, Engine, and color will be provided to serious buyers.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-335-4911 or email@example.com
This vehicle is sold “as-is” with no warranty, written or implied. In some cases, the vehicle does have the remaining factory warranty still in place and will be described above if that is the case. All taxes and fees are the responsibility of the buyer and are not included in the listed price. All vehicle sales will require a $65 document fee. The vehicle listed is described to the best of our ability. The information is based on our own research and statements made to us by the previous owner(s). To the best of our knowledge, the above information is accurate. We are not responsible for errors in our description of options or any other details. The above-mentioned vehicle is used and can be expected to show some wear and tear. It is not a brand new vehicle. We do welcome all local pre-purchase inspections on vehicles in order to verify condition.
For financing click here: